About Able Sport
Krige was born and raised in Cape Town, South Africa. He was an all-round sportsman excelling in athletics, rugby, squash and surfing.
In 1987 Krige lost both his legs during a military skirmish in Angola. This devastating incident changed Krige’s life forever. In his own words:
The doctor’s testimonial was that Krige’s survival is a miracle.
Soon after Krige lost his legs he found his passion in wheelchair racing and transformed tragedy into victory. His first professional tour was in 1991, traveling for six months in Europe to race. In 1997 Krige and his wife relocated to the USA where Caron (Krige’s wife) works as an occupational therapist. Krige raced professionally for 27 years and is now developing his new company, Able Sport.
Krige Schabort: USAT Level 1 Certified Coach
For many years I have consulted, helped, motivated and coached my fellow athletes and race organizers. I have thirty years of experience. I’m mostly self taught through trial and error – there were none of the internet or YouTube video luxuries we are spoiled with today.
I had to be creative and figure everything out for myself. I can help you find the right product, measure you for the best fit to a custom product, advise you to improve your technique, help you develop your tactical racing skills and help you find events to get you started.
I am currently the Shepherd Spinners Team coach for the Shepherd Center in Atlanta Ga, and serve as worldwide Team Leader for the Top End Elite Race Team.
6 TIME PARALYMPIAN
X 4 TIME WORLD CHAMPION
X 4 LOS ANGELES MARATHON WINNER
X 9 TIME HONOLULU MARATHON WINNER
2007 ESPY AWARD NOMINEE
2015 ESPY AWARD WINNER
2 TIME PARALYMPIC MEDALIST
X 2 NEW YORK CITY MARATHON WINNER
X 6 PEACHTREE 10K WINNER
X 2 KONA IRONMAN WINNER
TIPS ON HOW TO ORDER
My experience in the sport is going far back, over thirty years of racing experience – since the late 80’s and mostly figuring out for myself the tricks of the trade.
- Start by doing thorough product research, custom equipment can be overwhelming – the order forms have a lot of information and selections available, but it is designed to have something for everyone. Along the way, when you have questions call or email me – I will help you choose the right product for your body type and assist throughout the ordering process until you receive the equipment. There might be something that you want but it is not available on the order form – I can help with that. A special might increase the price but it will provide you with the end product that you envisioned.
- It is important the equipment fit your body exactly, I will assist in measurements for optimum product performance and comfort.
- I will offer you the best quote once your order form is filled out and the component selections are on the order form.
- After we finalize payment schedule I will submit the order to the manufacturer.
- Next step is you will receive an estimated shipping date. The shipping quote might vary from private to business address.
- Once shipped, you will receive a tracking # – expect a call from the shipping company to set up delivery instructions.
- Once tested feedback is welcome.